Python / JS Full Stack Developer for Open Event Project
As a Full Stack Engineer at FOSSASIA, you’ll work together with a global community to develop the Open Event project and to maintain our web service at eventyay.com. Our services are entirely Free/Open Source. We use Flask as a backend and Ember.js (transitioning to React) as a frontend technology. The system is deployed on a Hetzner cloud server. You’ll own what you build, making technical decisions and applying our best practices to every piece of code. The team uses scrum emails for the daily standup and Gitter for continuous chat communication.
Candidates who have started contributing code to one of our projects and to the Open Event backend and frontend specifically will have an advantage.
Number of Positions: Several
About the team
- We are a team working with a community of FOSS developers
- We work remotely in different timezones
- Our system is built using Ember (frontend) and we need someone who can help us to transition to ReactJS
- We use Flask/Python for the backend
- We have an informal and collaborative environment
- We embrace Continuous Integration
- Assume leadership and responsibility for the technical tasks and deliverables
- Become project owner of Open Event development and provide daily code commits
- Deploy project on the server using Docker
- Write unit tests for all portions of our applications
- Automate the software deployment process
- Support community developers and review PRs
- Work according to FOSSASIA Best Practices
- Provide daily scrums, code contributions and communicate on chat
- Participate and lead weekly developer meeting
- Ensure related apps (Android/iOS) work with APIs and review PRs
- Take on responsibilities in other FOSSASIA projects as needed
- Experience working in a remote setting, or with a remote team and across multiple time zones
- Experience with Flask/Python
- Experience with Ember.js and ReactJS (or the desire to learn it)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Docker
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
- Not afraid of going deep on backend code to understand features
- Enjoy writing tested and modular code
- Working time overlaps with European and Singapore time
- You have good spoken/written English
- Self-motivated and independent
Please check out the project on GitHub before applying.
Open Event Server: https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-server
Open Event Frontend: https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-frontend
Depending on position or freelance agreement.
- Visit Singapore and participate in annual FOSSASIA Summit
- Participate in local Open Source meetups and conferences
- Work with a community of enthusiastic software developers
Please apply through our online form.
- Website: https://fossasia.org
- Event Service: https://eventyay.com
- Open Event Server Channel: https://gitter.im/fossasia/open-event-server
- Open Event Frontend Channel: https://gitter.im/fossasia/open-event-frontend
- FOSSASIA Best Practices: https://blog.fossasia.org/open-source-developer-guide-and-best-practices-at-fossasia/
You must be logged in to post a comment.