Internships for Python / EmberJS Developers for eventyay.com
As a FOSSASIA intern working on eventyay.com, you’ll collaborate together with our team to develop the Open Event project that runs the eventyay website. We use Flask as a backend and Ember.js as a frontend technology. The team follows our best practices and uses scrum emails for the daily standup and Gitter for chat communication.
Before you apply please set up the Open Event project first on a Linux system and make some pull requests to show your ability of contributing code to the backend and frontend.
About the team
- We are a team working with a community of FOSS developers
- We work remotely in different timezones
- Our system is built using Ember (frontend) and Flask/Python (backend)
- We have an informal and collaborative environment
- We embrace Continuous Integration
- Provide daily code commits
- Write unit tests for all portions of our application
- Support community developers and review PRs
- Work according to FOSSASIA Best Practices
- Provide daily scrums and communicate on chat
- Willingness working independently in a remote setting
- Understanding of Flask/Python
- Eagerness to learn and code Ember.js
- Enjoy writing tested and modular code
- Self-motivated and independent
Please check out the project on GitHub before applying.
Open Event Server: https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-server
Open Event Frontend: https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-frontend/
Attractive Salary – Negotiable
- Visit Singapore and participate in annual FOSSASIA Summit
- Participate in Open Source meetups and conferences
- Work with a community of enthusiastic software developers
Please apply through our form here.
- Event Service: https://eventyay.com
FOSSASIA Best Practices: https://blog.fossasia.org/open-source-developer-guide-and-best-practices-at-fossasia/