Contract Basis | Location: Remote
As a frontend contractor you will collaborate with our team to bring the Open Event project hosted on eventyay.com to the next level. We define the scope through a list of dedicated issues that are postedon our repository and which you need to solve as part of this project. Most issues in this list only require changes on the Ember.JS frontend, for some issues minor changes in the Python/Flask backend might be required where you need to align with the responsible developer.
After successful completion of the project options are to take on a follow up freelance project or to be hired. Future opportunities are to work from our bases in Singapore or Germany.
- Fix bugs and develop features for Open Event frontend as outlined in issue
- Write unit tests for all portions of your code and add missing tests where applicable in the features handled
- Work according to FOSSASIA Best Practices
- Provide scrums and communicate on chat
- Participate in developer meeting where necessary
- Strong expertise with Ember.js
- Experience with Continuous Integration tests
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
- Good spoken/written English
About the team
- We are a team working with a community of FOSS developers working remotely in different timezones
- We have an informal and collaborative environment
- You can talk to us on our Gitter chat
Please check out the project on GitHub before applying. Resolve some relevant issues to showcase your ability.
- Open Event Frontend (Ember.JS): https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-frontend
- Open Event Server (Python/Flask): https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-server