Contract Basis | Location: Remote
As a frontend contractor you will collaborate with our team to bring the Open Event project hosted on eventyay.com to the next level. The goal of your project is to help to make the transition from Ember.JS to Vue.JS. We define the scope through a list of dedicated issues that are posted on our repository and which you need to solve as part of this project. For some issues minor changes in the Python/Flask backend might be required where you need to align with the responsible developer. The new version of eventyay used Vue.js as a frontend technology and Flask as a backend. The team follows best practices, uses scrum emails for the daily standup and Gitter chat for chat communication.
After successful completion of the project options are to take on a follow up freelance project or to be hired. Future opportunities are to work from our bases in Singapore or Germany.
- Fix bugs and develop features for Open Event frontend as outlined in issue
- Write unit tests for all portions of your code and add missing tests where applicable in the features handled
- Work according to FOSSASIA Best Practices
- Provide scrums and communicate on chat
- Participate in developer meeting where necessary
- Strong expertise of Vue.JS and basic knowledge of Ember.js
- Experience with Continuous Integration tests
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
- Good spoken/written English
About the team
- We are a team working with a community of FOSS developers working remotely in different timezones
- We have an informal and collaborative environment
- You can talk to us on our Gitter chat
Please check out the project on GitHub before applying. Resolve some relevant issues to showcase your ability.
- Open Event Frontend (Ember.JS): https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-frontend
- Open Event Server (Python/Flask): https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-server