The schedule for the FOSSASIA Summit is out. Our four-day open tech event starts on Thursday, March 22 with a grand opening of the exhibition at 12:00 PM and the conference at 1:00 PM in the Lifelong Learning Institute.
Developers, engineers and business representatives from FOSS projects and companies are joining the event. Thank you to Google Cloud, Daimler, Indeed, Microsoft, JPMorgan and the many partners and supporters for helping us to make the summit possible!
As a reader of FOSSASIA news you get a 15% discount on your ticket if you book before March 14 (after that 10%) with this link.
Here are some highlights of the event and a glance at participating FOSS projects, organizations and companies.
Highlights of the FOSSASIA Summit 2018
- 200+ Tech Speakers in 12 Tracks are confirmed. Learn about latest technologies and Open Source business models in the Blockchain track, find out how to analyze data more efficiently in the Artificial Intelligence track or see how to deploy solutions with Kubernetes in the Cloud from engineers at leading cloud providers.
- Executive Keynotes about “Daimler’s Open Source Strategy”, and “Machine Learning with TensorFlow and Cloud ML”
- Leadership Panels about “AI, Machine Learning, Cloud, and the Conversational Web: Where is it all going?”, “Making Money with FOSS” and “Open Source Education”
- The Exhibition and Career Fair runs from Thursday (March 22) till Saturday (March 24) with more than 50 company and project booths, where you can learn about technologies, job opportunities and participate in hands-on labs. Free hall passes are available until March 14.
- The UNESCO Open Science and Open Data Hackathon takes place on Saturday and Sunday (March 24/25). Tickets and registration are free. Awesome prizes are waiting for the winners.
- We put together a Cloud Training Day for Business Professionals in cooperation with Google. Apply for your spot here.
- At the Young Developers Day on Saturday (March 24) there are many hands-on workshops in the exhibition hall, where participants of any age can build their own hardware and experiment with our Pocket Science Lab.
- Vast variety of Deep Tech Sessions in tracks such as Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, Container, DevOps, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Web and Mobile, Open Design, IoT, Hardware, Imaging, Kernel & Platform, Science Tech and Education and more.
FOSS Organizations at the FOSSASIA Summit
Speakers at the event come from amazing Free/Open Source organizations and projects like Debian, CentOS, FreeBSD, Videolan/VLC, Linux Foundation, Open Source Initiative, Python Software Foundation, Wikimedia, KDE, Apache Software Foundation, Open Source Design, Drupal, OpenTech, Ethical Hacking Club, Pocket Science Lab, Oman FOSS Initiative, LikeCoin Foundation and many more.
Companies at the FOSSASIA Summit
Tech Companies present at the event are Daimler/Mercedes, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, Singapore Press Holding, J.P. Morgan, Indeed, UNESCO, Oracle/MySQL, Gandi.net, Lazada, Viseo, Grab, SUSI.AI, BareOS, Platform.sh, Ulicious, SAP, Thoughtworks, Autodesk, KPMG, VMWare, Lionsforge, Fujitsu, Zendesk, McKinsey, Iomedia, IBM, Collabora, Manulife, Tata Consultancy Services and many startups like KyberNetwork, DataKind, Ethereum, Kamailio, Go-Jek, Canaan, StopStalk, ConsenSys, Chibitronics, Status.im, Attores and many others.