Today, the coding phase of GSoC 2016 starts and marks the beginning of the implementation of all the prototypes and brainstormed ideas. Open Event Organizer Server as explained previously is the backend server for the organizers to create events, sessions, mark tracks, add social links, date/time, etc. It acts as the dashboard for creating data which then gets displayed through the client side apps , i.e open event webapp and android app. Sounds perfect. But as we know there is always scope for improvement.
So, this year we focus on making the server even better. The purpose is not only to make it more useful and powerful with added features but also to make it intuitive for the organizer so that the app can be used to its fullest benefits. A lot of brainstorming by a lot many students and mentors of this project have resulted in a final protoype to be implemented with some features and a better UI.
Some of the features that we have decided to add are:
- API authentication to provide proper permissions. This helps in improving the overall security.
- Oauth authentications. No more registration required. The organizer can straightaway use their google, fb and other login credentials to login and create events.
- Social Links. The organizer can now add social links for their events such as google plus event link, facebook event link, hashtag values, etc.
- Schedule UI. Now the organizer can directly add the events in calendar and get notified on that particular day. One can also export it in different formats.
- Overall UI Improvement. We aim to make the UI much more intuitive and easier to use for the organizer so that all the features can be used to its fullest advantage.
This is briefly the aim for making open event organizer server bigger, better and more useful. With this aim, we start our coding today and try to provide a great product by the end of GSoC 2016. A product so good that every event organizer starts using this. Looking forward to making it a success.
You must log in to post a comment.