This task was something I came up with as an enhancement because of the problems I faced while using sTeam for the first time. During the first week of my using sTeam I had a tough time getting used to commands and that is when I had opened the issue to improve help. Help for commands were one liners and not very helpful so I took up the task to improve it, so that new users don’t have to face the difficulties that I faced.
Not a lot of technical details were involved in this task but it was time consuming. I write down a few lines explaining what each command does and also added a syntax for the commands. While doing these I also realized more improvements that could be made and added them to my task list. My mentor had explained to me how rooms and gates were the same. I discovered that the command gothrough was violating this as it allowed users to gothrough gates but not rooms. I discussed this on the irc and we came up with a solution that we should change this command to enter and allow it to operate on both rooms and gates.
This enhancement became my next task and I worked on changing this command. The function gothrough was changed to enter and the conditions required for it to work on rooms were added. This paved way for my task. The look command showed rooms and gates under different sections. Now that there were no difference between rooms and gates I combined these two sections to change the output of the look command.
By the end of the week I had started on my next task, which was a major one. Writing testing framework and test cases for coal command calls. I will be discussing more about this in my next blog post.
You must be logged in to post a comment.