To make deploying of yacy easier we are now supporting Docker based installation.
Following the steps below one could successfully run Yacy on docker.
- You can pull the image of Yacy from https://hub.docker.com/r/nikhilrayaprolu/yacygridmcp/ or buid it on your own with the docker file present at https://github.com/yacy/yacy_grid_mcp/blob/master/docker/Dockerfile
One could pull the docker image using command:
2) Once you have an image of yacygridmcp you can run it by typing
You can access the yacygridmcp endpoint at localhost:8100
Installation of Yacy on cloud servers:
- Right now installation yacy on cloud servers is documented at https://github.com/nikhilrayaprolu/yacy_grid_mcp/tree/documentation/docs/installation
- We have documentation provided for hosting yacy on Google Cloud, AWS, Bluemix and digital Ocean and Heroku.
Installing Yacy and all microservices with just one command:
- One can also download,build and run Yacy and all its microservices (presently supported are yacy_grid_crawler, yacy_grid_loader, yacy_grid_ui, yacy_grid_parser, and yacy_grid_mcp )
- To build all these microservices in one command, run this bash script productiondeployment.sh
- `bash productiondeployment.sh build` will install all required dependencies and build microservices by cloning them from github repositories.
- `bash productiondeployment.sh run` will run all services and starts them.
- Right now all repositories are cloned into ~/yacy and you can make customisations and your own changes to this code and build your own customised yacy.
- Docker documentation: https://docs.docker.com/
- Deployment to Google Cloud: https://engineering.hexacta.com/automatic-deployment-of-multiple-docker-containers-to-google-container-engine-using-travis-e5d9e191d5ad
- Writing bash script http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO.html