The community bonding period saw the creation of a docker image and a debian package for the sTeam server. The integration of the sTeam shell into vi, improvements in the export and import to git scripts, user and group manipulation commands, sending mails through the commandline, viewing logs and the edit script modifications were done subsequently. The later part of GSOC saw that the sTeam-rest repository was restructured, unit and api-end point tests were performed. The new web interface developed was tested.
The code written during this period by me and siddhant was merged and the conflicts were resolved. The merged code was tested thoroughly as no automated test integration tool supports pike programming language. Documentation was generated using Doxygen and deployed in the gh-pages of the sTeam server repository.
A trello board was maintained throughout the course of GSOC 2016.
Trello Board: sTeam
- Issues Resolved and Pull Requests Submitted for the same
- Commits Merged
- Blog Posts
- Further Improvements
|Make changes in the Makefile for installation of sTeam.
|Edit script modifications
|Issue-20 Issue-29 Issue-43
|Indentation of output in steal-shell.
|Integrate steam-shell into vim or emacs.
|Issue-37 Issue-43 Issue-49
|PR-41 PR-48 PR-51
|Improve the import and export from git scripts.
|Issue-9 Issue-14 Issue-16 Issue-18 Issue-19 Issue-46
|PR-45 PR-54 PR-55 PR-76
|Create, Delete and List the user through commandline
|Issue-58 Issue-69 Issue-72
|PR-59 PR-70 PR-78
|Sending Mails through commandline
|Generate error logs and display them in CLI
|Create a file of any mime type from command line.
|Add more commands for group operations.
|Add more utility to the steam-shell
|Issue-56 Issue-71 Issue-73
|PR-57 PR-75 PR-81
|Restructure the sTeam-rest repository
|List of Issue’s
|List of PR’s
|Write test cases to test sTeam-rest api
|List of Issue’s
|List of PR’s
|Create a debian package and a docker image for easy deployment
|Create docker image
|Document the work done
|sTeam Server Structure, sTeam Server Documentation
|Test the web-interface
We have combined all the work into two branches for the ease of creating a debian package. The commits made by me in each branch can be seen here.
The push request’s sent for the issue’s are yet to be merged in the main repository. The list of PR’s for the sTeam-rest repository.
The blogs summarizing the work done during the week were published on my personal website. These can be found on Weekly Blogs
All the blogs can also be found on the Fossasia blog.
The list in reverse chronological order is as follows.
- sTeam Server Object permissions and Doxygen Documentation
- sTeam Server Peer Review and Merging.
- sTeam REST API Unit Testing
- sTeam API Endpoint Testing
- Generating Documentation and Modifying the sTeam-REST API
- sTeam REST API
- sTeam demo
- Extending sTeam shell commands
- Increasing utility of sTeam tools
- Improvements in sTeam shell and export script
- Enhancement of steam-shell plugin and Import from git
- Integrate sTeam-shell into Vi and Indentation of output
Scrum reports were posted on the #steam-devel on irc.freenode.net and sTeam google group. The sTeam trello board also has everyday scrum reports.
- sTeam command line lacks the functionality to read and set the object access permissions. sTeam function analogous to getfacl() to change the sTeam server object permisssions.
- sTeam debian package for easy installation of the sTeam server. The debian package is yet to be fully packaged.
- I would like to thank my mentors Mario Behling, Hong Phuc Dang, Martin Bahr, Trilok Tourani and my peers for being there to help me and guide me.
- I would like to thank FOSSASIA, sTeam and Pike Community for giving me this opportunity and guiding me in this endeavour.
- I would also like to thank Google Summer of Code for this experience.
Feel free to explore the repository. Suggestions for improvements are welcomed.
Checkout the FOSSASIA Idea’s page for more information on projects supported by FOSSASIA.