We are thrilled to update you with the amazing line-up at the 10 Years Anniversary Summit. The event is co-organized by the Lifelong Learning Institute and SkillsFuture under the theme “The Future is FOSS”.
Highlights of the FOSSASIA Anniversary Summit 2019 include:
- Thu Mar 14 12:30 – Sun Mar 17 16:00 Exhibition: Showcases and job opportunities with tech companies and FOSS projects: Overview
- Fri Mar 15 9:00 Cloud and AI Workshops: Join us for two intensive workshops with IBM experts from around the world on the latest technologies, development and deployment covering ‘Cloud, Containers and DevOps’ and developing ‘Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence’ applications at the FOSSASIA Summit. Seats are limited. Sign up here.
- Fri March 15 16:30 SUSI.AI – Create Skills for Your AI Solution: Sign up
- Fri Mar 15 / Sat Mar 16 19:00 FOSSASIA Academy: Learn new tech skills in free introductory level technology workshops conducted with BuildingBloCS Computing students from Singapore. Topics include Introduction to Python, ML with Python, SQLite, MongoDB, Vue.js, SUSI.AI Sign up to reserve.
- Fri Mar 15 – Sun Mar 17 OpenTech Hackathon with UNESCO: Build open source apps and win prizes. Join Friday or Saturday.
- Sat Mar 16 12:00 Capture the Community: Singapore Open Source Picture Taking and Birthday Cake. Join us.
- Sat Mar 16 13:30 Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS): Learn how to setup Kubernetes on Azure. Sign up here.
- 12 Conference Tracks: Join talks by industry experts from IBM, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Flowchain, Red Hat, Alibaba, Sysdig, Pivotal, Elastic, Codethink, Gitcoin and open source projects like VLC, Linux, CentOS, SELinux, Debian, Kubernetes, Lionsforge, Tensorflow, PostgreSQL, MySQL, FreeBSD, ReactJS, the Blockchain community as well as hardware experts from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, ARM, Bunnie Huang from Chibitronics, Mitch Altman and many more. We will be covering Conference Tracks such as AI, Blockchain and Cybersecurity: Schedule
- Daily: Social Events: Pub crawls and city tours along with other techies from around the world! Sign up.
Meet companies, FOSS projects and communities and do hands-on workshops in the Exhibition:
- Participate in workshops like doing experiments with Pocket Science Lab or Learn Soldering with Mitch Altman (Thu Mar 14 14:00, Fri Mar 15 14:00, Sat Mar 16, 14:00)
- Get together with community developers and reps from Fosdem, CCC, Openfest, Linux Foundation, OSI and many companies and projects in the Hackers Lounge on Floor 1.
- Exhibition Booths and Job Board: See showcases and find out about job opportunities from industry-leading companies and sponsors like IBM, UNESCO, Google, Indeed, Microsoft, Facebook, Flowchain, MySQL/Oracle, Singapore companies like Singapore Press Holdings and more: Overview
Don’t miss out on our Social Events:
- Sat Mar 16 19:00 10 Years FOSSASIA Party with Buffet, Live Music, Indian Dance, Chinese Performance & Cultural Program** : Celebrate FOSSASIA 10th Anniversary Party with us! Featuring Live Music, Cultural Highlights and Good Food! Indian dance, magic, music, Karaoke and so much more! (Social Event Tickets Required) : Tickets
- Wed Mar 13 15:00 FOSSASIA Meet & Greet: Join the FOSSASIA Speakers and Attendees Meet & Greet, meet the local tech scene, explore Singapore in a Culture and Exploration Wednesday Afternoon, and enjoy the taste of Asia at a local dinner: Attendance
- Thu Mar 14 19:00 Welcome Dinner: With FOSSASIA Summit Speakers and Exhibitors: Attendence
- Fri Mar 15 7:00 Cultural Morning Tour to Merlion Statue and View of Marina Bay: Attendence
- Fri Mar 15 19:00 Chinatown & Clarke Quay Snacks and Pub Crawl: Network with speakers and participants of the FOSSASIA OpenTech Summit for a Chinatown and Clarke Quay Snacks an Pub Crawl on Friday Evening: Attendance
- Sun Mar 17 20:30 Dim Sum and Midnight Hacks: Didn’t get enough of techie stuff? Want to work on this awesome project you found at FOSSASIA? Met some amazing developers at the weekend? Join us for the FOSSASIA After-Event hacking, coding, relaxing at Hackerspace.sg on Sunday evening: Attendance
- Mon Mar 18 12:00 Community Lunch: Gather with us on Monday Noon for yummy local Singapore food: Attendance
FOSSASIA Summit – Schedule Roster
Featured Speakers and Sessions
We have more than 180 speakers and close to 200 sessions where participants can learn how to work with Cloud solutions, train their personal AI, create voice interfaces, build their own Operating Systems, create AR and VR apps for the web, learn about databases or prepare for Linux certification. Find out more about the speakers.
FOSSASIA Summit Theme: The Future is FOSS
Today we see that Free and Open Source is mainstream. The large online providers are offereing their services mainly based on FOSS solutions. FOSSASIA is part of a movement advancing FOSS to the next level developing not just software, but also Open Hardware like the Pocket Science Lab. The FOSS model provides us with a way to collaborate easily, freely and efficiently and it can help us to solve the problems of this planet together. Let’s do it at the FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit! The theme of the event is “The Future is FOSS”.
Thank you for sponsoring!
Thank you to our sponsors IBM, Google Open Source, Microsoft, Indeed.com, Flowchain, Facebook, MySQL/Oracle, SPH and partners for supporting the event!
Thank you for celebrating FOSSASIA’s 10th Anniversary with us.
Do follow us on our Social Media accounts to get the latest updates on the Summit and other Open Tech stuff.
We can’t wait to see you to share and gain techie knowledge with and from you!
You must log in to post a comment.