UNESCO Hackathon in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Join UNESCO Hackathon in Ho Chi Minh City on Oct 13 -14, 2018 to learn about climate change and environmental challenges in Vietnam, meet regional sustainable development experts and listen to their successful startup stories by doing sustainable and green businesses.
There is no restriction of age or backgrounds of participants. Students, NGOs reps, journalists, bloggers, developers and all open source contributors are invited to join! The hackathon is open for all and awesome prizes are waiting for you!
The objective of the hackathon is to propose innovative solutions that help journalists to monitor and report on climate change and sustainable development issues in Asia and the Pacific.
The participants will be introduced to UNESCO’s Guidebook for Journalists Reporting on Climate Change and Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific which includes information and knowledge on climate science, related international and regional treaties and policy frameworks including the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable development, and tips for journalists for finding and telling stories.
Time and Location
Time: Saturday October 13 – Sunday October 14, 2018
Location: Officience Vietnam, 16A Le Hong Phong, Ward 12, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
Why should I participate?
- Learn how to create a chatbot within an hour with SUSI.AI
- Carry out experiment with electronic devices PSlab.io
- Update yourselves with knowledge of technology and sustainable development in Vietnam
- Meet special guest speakers from the UNESCO, Embassy of Sweden and many more.
- Improve your language skills, presentation skills and build up your leadership abilities
- Receive certificates from UNESCO, T-shirts, swags, and special prizes from the sponsors
How do I know if I am qualified to join?
The hackathon is open for everyone, especially for those:
- Curious and willing to learn new things
- Interested in technology and sustainable development
- Like to make new friends and expand their networks
- Able to communicate in English
- No prior coding skill is required
How do I sign up?
- Get your ticket to the Event on eventyay.com
- Sign up on Devpost as you will need to submit your final hack there.
- Join the Gitter channel at https://gitter.im/fossasia/hackathon (requires login with Github).
- Find team members and form a team with at least 2 members and maximum 4 contributors. You are also welcome to sign up and then wait until the Presentation of Ideas on Saturday before deciding to join a team, however we’d encourage you to form/join a team in advance if you already have an idea that you’d like to work on.
- Join the event at the Officience Vietnam on Saturday, Oct 13 at the opening at 8.30am until 9.00pm and on Sunday, Oct 14 from 8.00am until 5.00pm.
Visit the website at unesco.sciencehack.asia and stay connected, join the event on Facebook and follow FOSSASIA on Twitter.
All participants will receive a gift bag (Tshirt, sticker, wristband and lanyard) and a certificate from UNESCO for participating in the hacking.
Each winner of the three top teams will be awarded special gift package including:
- A Pocket Science Lab – hardware device by FOSSASIA
- Special Developer Helmet by FOSSASIA
- Winner Medal
- Team Building Buffet Dinner Voucher
- Team Hack-Away Mekong Delta Tour (floating Market, hackerspace, hotel)
- Tiki Techie Gift Voucher
- 6-month coworking space membership
UNESCO Hackathon: https://unesco.sciencehack.asia
Project Signup: https://unesco-hackathon.devpost.com
Communication Channel: https://gitter.im/fossasia/hackathon
You must be logged in to post a comment.