SUSI.AI is available for almost all the internationally recognised languages of the world. An author is allowed to create a skill in any of these languages. But there are some languages for which skills have not been created yet. So only those languages should be shown in the SUSI Skill CMS for which the skills are available. The approach is that all the languages must be listed while creating the skills but only non-empty languages must be listed while filtering skills on the CMS category page.
Updating the get languages API
- Add an API parameter in GetAllLanguages.java to fetch the group name. It is used to fetch the list of languages for which skills are available in that particular group. If no group is passed it means that the all the languages are to be listed. For that, we can use any group and show all the languages in that group. Say “Knowledge”.
- Now check if the file inside the group folder is a directory. If yes then add it to the list of languages to be returned.
- If the languages corresponding to a particular category are to be fetched then first checked if the group is “All” or any specific group. Since the “All” category is not stored as such so we need to iterate over all the groups present in the parent directory ie, the model directory.
- Now iterate over all the groups present in the group_names array and list the files present in it. Apply a filter to the list that accepts a file only if it is a directory and not empty ie, contains at least 1 language. Add that file to the list of languages.
- The processing of getting languages for a particular group is same, just the iteration over the model directory is not required.