Crypto Stick accepted as Google Summer of Code Mentor Organization
Crypto Stick has been accepted as a mentor organization for Google Summer of Code (GSOC) 2013. If you are a student interested in working on cool crypto stuff, developing a high security system, latest web security or embedded programming – this is for you. You can apply for a project and if accepted the mentors will work with you over the summer and Google will sponsor you 5000 USD during that time.
Please check out the ideas page at https://www.assembla.com/spaces/cryptostick/wiki/Ideas or suggest your own idea.
And, join the mailinglist to discuss it: https://lists.crypto-stick.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
Your applications should be submitted through Google Melange (https://google-melange.com) between March 26 and April 6. Generally, it is better to submit your application early as mentors like to discuss proposals.
Important dates are:
* March 17-25: Would-be student participants discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations.
* March 26, 19:00 UTC: Student application period opens.
* April 6, 19:00 UTC: Student application deadline.
You can continue to submit additional information and comments into the system after your initial application submission. In order to participate in the program, you must be a student in an accredited institution or university.
* Crypto Stick project: http://crypto-stick.org
* Ideas Page: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/cryptostick/wiki/Ideas
* GSOC Progam F&Q: https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/help_page
* Crypto Stick Mailing List: https://lists.crypto-stick.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
* Google Melange: http://google-melange.com