FOSSASIA Summit 2018 Singapore – Call for Speakers
The FOSSASIA Open Tech Summit is Asia’s leading Open Technology conference for developers, companies, and IT professionals. The event will take place from Thursday, 22nd – Sunday, 25th March at the Lifelong Learning Institute in Singapore.
During four days developers, technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs convene to collaborate, share information and learn about the latest in open technologies, including Artificial Intelligence software, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Linux, Science, Hardware and more. The theme of this year’s event is “Towards the Open Conversational Web“.
For our feature event we are looking for speaker submissions about Open Source for the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence, Algorithms, Search Engines, Cognitive Experts
- Open Design, Hardware, Imaging
- Science, Tech and Education
- Kernel and Platform
- Cloud, Container, DevOps
- Internet Society and Community
- Open Event Solutions
- Security and Privacy
- Open Source in Business
There will be special events celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Open Source Initiative and its impact in Open Source business. An exhibition space is available for company and project stands.
Please propose your session as early as possible and include a description of your session proposal that is as complete as possible. The description is of particular importance for the selection. Once accepted, speakers will receive a code for a speakers ticket. Speakers will receive a free speakers ticket and two standard tickets for their partner or friends. Sessions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Submission Link: 2018.fossasia.org/speaker-registration
Dates & Deadlines
Please send us your proposal as soon as possible via the FOSSASIA Summit speaker registration.
Deadline for submissions: December 27th, 2017
Late submissions: Later submissions are possible, but early submissions have priority
Notification of acceptance: On an ongoing basis
Schedule Announced: January 20, 2018
FOSSASIA Open Tech Summit: March 22nd – 25th, 2018
Sessions and Tracks
Talks and Workshops
Talk slots are 20 minutes long plus 5-10 minutes for questions and answers. The idea is, that participants will use the sessions to get an idea of the work of others and are able to follow up in more detail in break-out areas, where they discuss more and start to work together. Speakers can also sign up for either a 1-hour long or a 2-hours workshop sessions. Longer sessions are possible in principle. Please tell us the proposed length of your session at the time of submission.
You have some interesting ideas but do not want to submit a full talk? We suggest you go for a lightning talk which is a 5 minutes slot to present your idea or project. You are welcome to continue the discussion in breakout areas. There are tables and chairs to serve your get-togethers.
Stands and assemblies
We offer spaces in our exhibition area for companies, projects, installations, team gatherings and other fun activities. We are curious to know what you would like to make, bring or show. Please add details in the submission form.
Developer Rooms/Track Hosts
Get in touch early if you plan to organize a developer room at the event. FOSSASIA is also looking for team members who are interested to co-host and moderate tracks. Please sign up to become a host here.
Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published in various formats under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license. This license allows commercial use by media institutions as part of their reporting. If you do not wish for material from your lecture to be published or streamed, please let us know in your submission.
Sponsorship & Contact
If you would like to sponsor FOSSASIA or have any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artificial Intelligence (SUSI.AI, Algorithms, Cognitive Expert Systems AI on a Chip)
- Hardware (Architectures, Maker Culture, Small Devices)
- 20 years Impact of Open Source in Business
- DevOps (Continuous Delivery, Lean IT, Moving at Cloud-speed)
- Networking (Software Defined Networking, OpenFlow, Satellite Communication)
- Security (Coding, Configuration, Testing, Malware)
- Cloud & Microservices (Containers – Libraries, Runtimes, Composition; Kubernetes; Docker, Distributed Services)
- Databases (Location-aware and Mapping, Replication and Clustering, Data Warehousing, NoSQL)
- Science and Applications (Pocket Science Lab, Neurotech, Biohacking, Science Education)
- Business Development (Open Source Business Models, Startups, Kickstarter Campaigns)
- Internet of Everything (Smart Home, Medical Systems, Environmental Systems)
- Internet Society and Culture (Collaborative Development, Community, Advocacy, Government, Governance, Legal)
- Kernel Development and Linux On The Desktop (Meilix, Light Linux systems, Custom Linux Generator)
- Open Design and Libre Art (Open Source Design)
- Open Event (Event Management systems, Ticketing solutions, Scheduling, Event File Formats)
Speaker Registration and Proposal Submission:
FOSSASIA Summit: 2018.fossasia.org
FOSSASIA Summit 2017: Event Wrap-Up
FOSSASIA Photos: flickr.com/photos/fossasia/
FOSSASIA Videos: Youtube FOSSASIA
FOSSASIA on Twitter: twitter.com/fossasia