Testing, Documentation and Merging

As the GSoC period comes to an end the pressure, excitement and anxiety rises. I am working on the finishing steps of my project. I was successfully able to implement all the task I took up. A list of all the tasks and their implementation can be found here.

https://github.com/societyserver/sTeam/wiki/GSOC-2016-Work-Distribution#roadmap-and-work-distribution-on-steam-for-gsoc-2016

At the start of this week I had about 26 Pull Requests. Each Pull Request had independent pieces of code for a new task from the list. I had to merge all the pull requests and resolve the conflicts. My earlier tasks involved working on the same code so there were a lot of conflicts. I spend hours looking through the code and resolving conflicts. I also had to test each feature after merging any two of the branches. Finally we were able to combine all our code and come up with a branch that contains all the code implemented by me and Ajinkya Wavare.

https://github.com/societyserver/sTeam/tree/gsoc2016-societyserver-devel

https://github.com/societyserver/sTeam/tree/gsoc2016-source

These two are the branches we combined all our code in. I finished my work on linux command for sTeam by adding support for the last two tools which are export and import from git. I worked on to include a help to get new users to understand the use of the command.

https://github.com/societyserver/sTeam/pull/135

I also worked on documentation. I started with the testing suite which is implemented by me. I wrote comments to explain the work and also improved the code by removing unnecessary lines of code. After this I added the documentation for the new command in steam-shell that I had implemented. The command to work with groups from the steam-shell. One of the issue with the testing suite still stands unresolved. I have been breaking my head on it for a week now but to no results. I will attempt to solve it in the coming week.

https://github.com/societyserver/sTeam/issues/109

This error occurs for various objects in the first few runs and then the test suite runs normally error free.